Monday, October 22, 2007

Thing 6-Flickr Mashups in Library Program

Check out the trading card made about students researching in the library.


I really liked the movie poster feature because it could be used to make "Pick of the Week" posters. Students would summarize their favorite book for the week and the poster would be hung to advertise various books students are reading. Also, the calendar feature would be very handy to help organize events occurring in the library. I also liked the use of trading cards, where students could trade and collect cards that would feature popular titles or authors.

3 comments:

mmw said...

Why don't you try uploading one of your creations for us to see?

Librarianmarn said...

It looks like your trading card didn't load. I had the same problem. Save it to your desktop and then when you post, click the picture box by the check spelling button. When I tried to load it directly from the site, I got the same little question mark like your site has. -- Also, I like the movie poster idea. I didn't see that, but used the magazine for my library site. I'll have to go back and look for the poster. Thanks for the info.

Library Magic said...

I like your idea about the
Pick of the Week poster. What a great way to get students involved and have a voice about their favorite books. This would be great for children's book Week.